Summary: Seasonal fruit tarts that are tangy, sweet and delicious!
- For the pastry cases
- 200g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g butter
- 3tbsp water
- Fresh or canned satsuma pieces
- 100g Jam or Marmalade
- First mix together the flour, sugar and butter until it resembles breadcrumbs, then add the water to make a soft, pliable dough.
- Roll out and using a pastry shape cutter, cut out around 12 pastry cases.
- Insert into greased muffin tins and prick several times with a fork.
- Bake for 5/10 mins on gas 150C.
- Meanwhile melt the jam on a low heat.
- When the pastry cases have half cooked, take out and glaze with the melted jam.
- Insert a variety of fruit and brush again with some of the jam.
- The jam will set when cooled to make a mini fruit tart ideal for packed lunches!
A great way to get kids eating one portion of fruit and a lovely seasonal treat in their lunchboxes!
Fresh, canned or dried fruit can be used for these little tarts.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12